It's about time I started a changelog! This will serve from now on as the main changelog for WorldEditAdditions.
Note to self: See the bottom of this file for the release template text.
v1.13: Untitled update (unreleased)
//sfactor(selection factor) - Selection Tools by @VorTechnix are finished for now.
//midpos(measure middle position),
//mtrig(measure trigonometry) - Measuring Tools implemented by @VorTechnix.
//airapplyfor applying commands only to air nodes in the defined region
//noise2dfor perturbing terrain with multiple different noise functions
//noiseapply2dfor running commands on columns where a noise value is over a threshold
//ellipsoid2which creates an ellipsoid that fills the defined region
- Use luacheck to find and fix a large number of bugs and other issues [code quality from now on will be significantly improved]
- Multiple commands: Allow using quotes (
'thing') to quote values when splitting
//layers: Add optional slope constraint (inspired by WorldPainter)
//bonemeal: Add optional node list constraint
//walls: Add optional thickness argument
//sstack: Add human-readable approx volumes of regions in the selection stack
//airapply: Improve error handling, fix safe_region node counter
//floodfill: Fix crash caused by internal refactoring of the
//spop: Fix wording in displayed message
- Sapling alias compatibility:
- Correct alias of
apple(since it produces apples)
- Correct alias of
//replacemix: Improve error handling to avoid crashes (thanks, Jonathon for reporting via Discord!)
- Cloud wand: Improve chat message text
v1.12: The selection tools update (26th June 2021)
//scube(select cube) - thanks, @VorTechnix!
//scloud(select point cloud),
//scentre(select centre node(s)),
//srel(select relative) - thanks, @VorTechnix!
//smake(selection make) - thanks, @VorTechnix!
- Significantly refactored backend utility functions (more to come in future updates)
- Add new universal chance parsing
<chance>can now either be a 1-in-N number (e.g.
10), or a percentage chance (e.g.
- Caveat: Percentages are converted to a 1-in-N chance, but additionally that number is rounded down in some places
//hollowtorus: Add optional new axes
//ellipsoid: Add optional hollow keyword - @VorTechnix
//multi: Add curly brace syntax for nesting command calls (more information)
//erode: Add new
rivererosion algorithm for filling in potholes and removing pillars
//bonemeal: Try bonemealing everything that isn't an air block (#49)
//overlay: Don't place nodes above water
//multi: Improve resilience by handling some edge cases
//layers: Fix crash due to outdated debug code
//erode/snowballs: Fix assignment to undeclared variable
//floodfill: Fix error handling
v1.11: The big data update (25th January 2021)
- Scale operations that scale up and down at the same time are split into 2 separate operations automatically (scaling up is always performed first)
//count: Make numbers human-readable
- Tip: Use a monospace font for the chat window, and the columns will be aligned!
//hollowfor hollowing out areas (a step towards parity with Minecraft WorldEdit)
//subdivide: Improve performance of initial chunk counting algorithm - it should get started on the job much quicker now (especially on large regions)
//subdivide: Fix a bug where the entire defined region was emerged all at once instead of in chunks
//subdivide: Fix performance & memory usage issues
- Fix passing arguments to the command being executed
- If you encounter any other issues with it over large areas (particularly 2000x150x2000 and larger), please let me know
- Bugfix: Fix obscure crash in calls to
human_size("unknown" will now be returned if passed junk)
//manycan now be used with commands with no arguments.
//fillcaves: Treat liquids as air
- Add new cloud wand
//erode: Minor refactoring to improve code clarity
v1.10: The tidyup update (16th January 2021)
//maze: Fix some parts of generated mazes staying solid
//maze3d: Allow non-number seeds (existing seeds aren't affected - they will still produce identical output)
//many: Improve format of progress messages, add ETA
//subdivide: Make asynchronous, and use
minetest.emerge_area()to ensure areas are loaded before executing on a subdivision chunk
- This will ensure that
//subdivideing enormous regions should now function as expected. Want to level an entire rainforest with
//clearcut? Now you can! :D
- This will ensure that
//linefor drawing simple lines
v1.9: The Nature Update (20th September 2020)
//manyfor executing a command many times in a row
- Add experimental
//fillcavescommand - fills in all air nodes beneath non air-nodes
//forestcommand for quickly generating forests, and
//saplingaliasesto compliment it
//cubeapply, but clips the result to an ellipsoid that is the size of the defined region.
- Fix some minor bugs and edge cases
//subdivide: Print status update when completing the last chunk
//count: Optimise by removing nested
v1.8: The Quality of Life Update (17th July 2020)
//multito display human readable times (e.g.
- Far wand: Notify player when setting pos1 and pos2
- Make timings more accurate (use
- Add experimental
- Attempt to fix a crash on startup due to a dependency issue (#21)
v1.7: The Terrain Update! (21st June 2020)
//layers(like WorldEdit for Minecraft's
//convolve(advanced terrain smoothing inspired by image editors)
- Added far wand (like the regular WorldEdit wand, but with a configurable range that can extend to 100s of blocks) [/list]
Release text template
The text below is used as a template when making releases.
See below for instructions on how to update.
Updating depends on how you installed WorldEditAdditions.
- UI in Minetest: There should be an update button for you to click in the mod menu
- ContentDB: Download the latest update from here
cdto the WorldEditAdditions directory and run
git pull(Important: Recently, WorldEditAdditions changed the default branch from
main. If you're updating from before then, you'll need to re-clone the mod or else do some git-fu)
After installing the update, don't forget to restart your client and / or server.